Well that was quicker than expected. Lamborghini has made a habit out of turning its Gallardo models into race cars for privateer teams for many years now, but seeing the newest model mere weeks after its base car was introduced is quite stunning.
For those who are not in the know, the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo is a one-make racing series that sees drivers pilot identical cars on a track. In 2012 the series had six races scattered across Europe and Asia. There are plans to see the series moved to the US as well, but no firm dates have been set.
Revisions to the new car include a new rear diffuser and that massive wing seen in the photos. New wheel arches and a revised livery are also part of the new 2013 package. The boys from Lambo are keeping their lips sealed at the moment when it comes to drivetrain specifications, but we wouldn’t expect any changes to the 570 horsepower V10 or the AWD system that comes in the base Gallardo LP570-4.
Check out the new car in our high-resolution gallery below.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World