The Nissan Altima has always been a hot competitor in the mid-size market, but recent years have seen most of its rivals receive entirely new models, or serious upgrades.
Nissan is going to rectify this situation with an all-new model to debut at the 2012 New York Auto Show. In preparation for the reveal, Nissan has released as series of photos offering a glimpse of what the new car will look like. While no official details have been revealed, expect the new car to be offered with a 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine, and while the 3.7-liter V6 from the 370Z is a possible option, we expect the current 3.5-liter V6 as the available engine choice. Of course the car will also be fitted with a CVT just as the car currently possess, although most likely revised to improve fuel economy.
We will have all the details as they become available.
While we wait for for more news regarding the new Altima, check out a gallery of the previous generation car below.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World