You would be forgiven if you thought the iconic VW mini-bus had died many moons ago, but you have been living a lie. In the wild and crazy country of Brazil the VW Combi is still being manufactured.
Now after a long 63-year run, the bus will finally be meeting its demise. Thanks to new safety laws that will go into effect next year requiring all new cars to come equipped with dual front airbags an ABS brakes as standard, the Combi no longer meets safety regulations.
The current car looks a little different from our classic Minibus photo above, but the overall design is relatively unchanged ans we think the world will be little darker without the bus. To help cheer yourself up, check out the gallery of photos from VW’s portfolio below.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World