A select grouping of Audi’s A6 sedan will soon be recalled, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The middle ground sedan is being investigated due to faulty side curtain air bags. During manufacturing, Audi is under the belief that the stitching holding the air bag may not have been properly installed. In the event of an incident where the bag should deploy, the seam might not allow it to ultimately failing to protect the occupant.
Audi and its parent Volkswagen will be start the recall early in January. The A6 models affected are 2012 model year cars built from April 8 through May 26, 2011. As of now, just 317 cars are at risk. Audi will inspect both the passenger and driver side curtain air bags. If either one is faulty, a certified dealer will remedy the issue at no extra cost to the A6 owner.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- Buying a Used Car tips
- Audi A1or the Mini?
- 55 Buick on Car Restoration TV Show
- 2013 Audi A3
- want to buy Audi R8
- 2013 Audi R8
- Requires the help of locksmith
- Ford's new Mondeo
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World
- New Nissan Versa
- Do you agree that Nissan is a lucky car company?
- Nissan starting problem
- Nissan Juke Midnight Special release
- Which car is most stylish: Mercedes C-class, BMW 3 series, Saab sport sedan,...
- where to buy cheap car gps online?