A select grouping of Audi’s A6 sedan will soon be recalled, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The middle ground sedan is being investigated due to faulty side curtain air bags. During manufacturing, Audi is under the belief that the stitching holding the air bag may not have been properly installed. In the event of an incident where the bag should deploy, the seam might not allow it to ultimately failing to protect the occupant.
Audi and its parent Volkswagen will be start the recall early in January. The A6 models affected are 2012 model year cars built from April 8 through May 26, 2011. As of now, just 317 cars are at risk. Audi will inspect both the passenger and driver side curtain air bags. If either one is faulty, a certified dealer will remedy the issue at no extra cost to the A6 owner.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- Pioneer Challenges Premier Dealers to Build the Best Sound Quality Demo Car
- Do You Need a Car Camera
- 2007 Navigator DVD to Navigation screen??
- Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS-Review Components
- Planning to sale my old car in Cyprus!
- Can you buy concept cars ?
- What is a good drift car?
- How To Do Wheelies
- Car Audio Electronics
- 2005 jeep,blows 50 amp cooling fan fuse
- What is the best GPS to buy for my car, under $200?
- How to keep a garage dry?
- What is Thrust ball bearings ?
- Buying a Used Car tips
- Why you need liability insurance