BMW of North America is submitting a letter to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) this week announcing a voluntary recall of approximately 198,000 V8 and V12-powered BMW 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars models produced between the 2002 and 2010 model years. In the affected vehicles, a leak may develop in the power braking system, potentially causing a vacuum loss and consequent reduction of power braking assistance. Mechanical braking is still available to slow and stop the vehicle. There has been no report of accidents or injuries.
BMW has prepared an inspection and repair procedure and will distribute replacement parts throughout the North American dealer network. Letters will be sent by First Class mail to owners of affected vehicles in the coming weeks, requesting the scheduling of a service appointment with an Authorized BMW Center to check their vehicle.
Drivers who experience reduced power braking assistance should immediately schedule a service appointment with an Authorized BMW Center. Customers with further questions should contact BMW Customer Relations at 1-800-525-7417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affected BMW models include:
- 2002-08 BMW 745i/Li, 750i/Li, and 760i/Li
- 2007-08 BMW Alpina B7
- 2004-10 BMW 645i and 650i
- 2004-10 BMW 545i and 550i
Affected Rolls-Royce Motor Cars models include:
- 2003-2010 Rolls-Royce Phantom models
(does not include Rolls-Royce Ghost)
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World