General Motors is conducting a voluntary safety recall of 3,996 Cadillac SRX crossovers from the 2010 model year for a possible damage to the power steering line. Based on GM analysis, the issue is believed to exist in only two or three of the recalled vehicles.
If the line is damaged, power steering fluid could leak, and if the fluid sprays onto hot engine parts, an engine compartment fire could result. GM is aware of one such fire in an unattended SRX related to this condition. There have been no related crashes or injuries. The vehicles being recalled were built in December 2009. The majority of the affected vehicles (3,460) are in the United States. There were 341 exported to China. Owners will be notified by mail and the inspection and any necessary repair will be performed free of charge.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- Dk 9000 rust module
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal