When Carroll Shelby left the Earth, he left behind a family, a business and a massive legacy. To help honor all that Shelby has done and stood for, the Friends of Carroll Shelby, a group consisting of Ford Shelby American and others, have crafted a one-off GT500 Cobra. The car is based on the current GT500 but receives a wide-body kit from Shelby America, and a Ford Racing Whipple supercharger, ringing in at 4.0-liters, bumps power output to a massive 850 horsepower. The car has been painted in the legendary Guardsmen Blue with a pair of Wimbledon White stripes. Not only is this impressive piece of machinery a tribute to Carroll himself, but 2012 marks the 50th anniversary of the original Cobra.
Carroll Shelby was also a philanthropist and to honor that legacy the newest Cobra will be taken on a tour around the country, and there are plans to do “something special” with it at the end of the journey. Our money would be on a charity auction.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World