Daytona is a busy place this time of year, and February 22 will be no different with the all-new 2014 Chevrolet Silverado setting the pace for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series’ NextEra Energy 250.
Pictured below is the 2014 Silverado dressed for track duty. White racing stripes and emergency lights contrast the deep blue paint giving the truck a unique appearance. It matches the same look as the 2014 Chevrolet SS that paced the Sprint Unlimited February 15.
The new Silverado sports three new engines for 2014 with upgraded technology and capabilities, but the same displacement numbers as last year: a 4.3-liter V-6, a 5.3-liter V-8, and a 6.2-liter V-8. All three engines will feature Active Fuel Management, Continuously Variable Valve Timing, and Direct Injection.
Those three main features, plus the fuel savings they’re expected to generate, combine to give the engine family the name of EcoTec3.
Look for engine output numbers, towing specs, and pricing to be released closer to its launch date later this year.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- Buying a Used Car tips
- Audi A1or the Mini?
- 55 Buick on Car Restoration TV Show
- 2013 Audi A3
- want to buy Audi R8
- 2013 Audi R8
- Requires the help of locksmith
- Ford's new Mondeo
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World
- New Nissan Versa
- Do you agree that Nissan is a lucky car company?
- Nissan starting problem
- Nissan Juke Midnight Special release
- Which car is most stylish: Mercedes C-class, BMW 3 series, Saab sport sedan,...
- where to buy cheap car gps online?