It appears that the current Dodge Caliber will be the last of the “old” Chrysler as a replacement will be revealed in 2012. Since the Fiat takeover is complete, Chrysler is currently planning the first Fiat based product for the North American market. Using a Fiat engine and Fiat platform, the next Dodge compact will essentially be a Fiat wearing American clothes.
The Fiat high-volume compact platform that underpins the 500 and Panda will be the base for the next Chrysler LLC product. Lengthened for the U.S. market, it has been given the name CUSW (Compact U.S. Wide) and could create the next Caliber as well as a Jeep Compass replacement. The engines to power the next Chrysler compacts could, more than likely, be variants of the 1.4 liter four cylinder that moves the Fiat 500.
Expect to hear more detailed information soon as a release date is planned for 2012-2013.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World