There was much celebration in Illinois today as Chrylser Group LLC announced the addition of 1,800 jobs to its Belvidere Assembly Plant.
Chairman and CEO Sergio Marchionne was on hand to share the good news announcing the addition of a third shift as well as a $700 million total investment in the body shop. As for the 1,800 total jobs, nearly 500 are for the production of the all-new Dodge Dart.
Marchionne shared with employees that it was no accident that the Dart was being built in Belvidere. He stated that, “Our decision is evidence of the faith we have in your level of commitment and your passion to deliver great products for our customers,” and “you have been essential in our ability to author a remarkable story of recovery.”
Marchionne was not the only person in attendance that had kind words to say, with the UAW Chrysler Department Vice President, General Holiefield adding that, “This announcement is proof that America’s auto industry is indeed back.”
In the current climate of unsure employment, it is a nice change of pace to see a member of the Big Three making a major investment.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- Pioneer Challenges Premier Dealers to Build the Best Sound Quality Demo Car
- Do You Need a Car Camera
- 2007 Navigator DVD to Navigation screen??
- Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS-Review Components
- Planning to sale my old car in Cyprus!
- Can you buy concept cars ?
- What is a good drift car?
- How To Do Wheelies
- Car Audio Electronics
- 2005 jeep,blows 50 amp cooling fan fuse
- What is the best GPS to buy for my car, under $200?
- How to keep a garage dry?
- What is Thrust ball bearings ?
- Buying a Used Car tips
- Why you need liability insurance