Tire smoke, loud exhaust and fast cars are all reasons to love Formula Drift, and now Ford has decided that it loves the series so much, it will sponsor it.
Ford has been an active participant in the series since 2005, so this move is not exactly unexpected, but it is nice to see a company as large as Ford throw its weight behind the competition. This commitment is especially good, coming after the news that Hyundai would be leaving the sport.
Ford already sponsors cars in drivers in the series including Vaughn Gittin Jr. who has taken his Mustang to multiple victories.
We have included a video from Ford Racing TV of Gittin’s Mustang doing the dirty sideways dirty deed below.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World