Ford is utterly confident that their beefy F-150 SVT Raptor is the ultimate factory off roader on Earth. The engineers who pieced together the tough-as-nails mud slinger are so confident that they recently put it up against another American icon: NASA’s Mars Rover Curiosity. In what Ford is calling “The Ultimate Off Road Faceoff”, the truck will have to work hard to prove that Earth’s obstacles are just as challenging if not more than the ones found on the Red Planet.
To start the challenge off, the Dearborn built truck has a higher top speed, more horsepower, a longer driving range and a larger warranty. With 434 lb-ft of torque and heavy-duty Fox Racing dampers, the Raptor beats the Rover in the payload department as well as offering the ability to haul actual people. According to Ford, the SVT has the capability of traveling at high speed ”regardless of terrain.” Even still, the truck would take 375 years if driven at flat out to make it to Mars while the Rover can make the trip in just 263 days.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World