In a world where corporate sponsorship has dominated the world of racing, Ford has come forth with a rather antiquated tradition, and announced its new racing livery. The color scheme consists of a gloss black and blue stripe. For current cars like the new Cobra Jet and the new NASCAR Mustang, the stripes are on a white background, while development cars will feature a matte black base.
That sounds rather sinister, and we approve.
Ford plans on covering all factory backed cars with the new colors throughout all racing categories. These colors will identify to fans cars that are backed by Ford Racing. While we are sure that the cars in question will still be covered in sponsor logos, it is a refreshing change to see Ford choose a set colors. Maybe this swill start a trend and get us closer to the good days of racing, when you could identify a car’s country by its color. British Racing Green, anyone?
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World