The Michigan State Police are not a group who simply takes what is available to them. Instead of settling, the Motown cops always make sure that each new police vehicle will be up to the task. Recently, the best of the best took the reigns of some of the industry’s most popular offerings and the results left singing praises for the Blue Oval. Both the Ford Interceptor Sedan and Utility proved top-notch against the rest of the competition.
With the recent addition of a more powerful middle-ground 3.7 liter V6 for the Sedan, Ford is giving police departments around the nation the power of choice. Borrowed from the heavy-weight utility, the naturally aspirated six pumps out 305 horsepower and keeps things glued down with all wheel drive. Giving modified get-away cars a second thought is still the nearly 400 horsepower twin-turbo 3.5 liter EcoBoost sedan which bested its competition in all three acceleration tests: 0-60, 0-80 and 0-100 mph.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World