After years of successful racing with the F1 team of McLaren, including the 2008 Formula One Championship, Lewis Hamilton is parting ways. The UK based news source Telegraph states the deal culminated in a $100-million contract for the 27-year-old driver.
While Hamilton leaving McLaren is big news, the biggest informational blow comes with the fact that Hamilton is replacing Michael Shumacher. For the uninitiated, Michael Schumacher is the winningest F1 driver in history with seven championships to his name. He retired from the sport in 2006, and returned in 2010. Since his return, he has seen very little success.
Replacing Hamilton on the McLaren team will reportedly be the Mexican driver Sergio Perez.
We will be sure to tune in to the festivities next year, as this driver change has the ability to shake up the field.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World