2004 Chrysler Sebring convertible...heater works on high level only?

If you mean that the blower speed only goes on HIGH, then your blower resistor fried. In many Chryslers, it is located behind the glovebox, although I am not sure of its location in the Sebring convertible. It is definately a job that you can do if you have any mechanical skills at all.
As far as the heat at idle only, the heater core is a suspect, but your car is way too new for that. I wonder if you lost a vacuum line (broken, split, or abraded) that goes to the coolant diverter (diverts coolant thru heater core or around it when heat is off).
How is your coolant level? If you are low, that would cause your "heat at idle only" problem, too.
If you had the coolant system worked on, they may have forgotten to bleed air out of the highest point in the cooling system. I am not sure if Sebrings are designed that way (with bleeders, or if they even need them).
Start with the coolant level- fill to COLD or HOT line on coolant bottle with a 50/50 mix of (preferably) distilled water and coolant concentrate. Or you can buy premixed coolant (much easier, but more expensive). Sometimes, if you ran very low, you have to add to the radiator itself. Check and add ONLY with a cold engine to avoid coolant-under-pressure burns.

brek69amx

Rookie
Your fan speed issue is more than likely the blower motor resistor. Chrysler part# 5174124aa $34.95 your local dealer should be able to get you one within a day or two.