Future problems with a repaired car frame?

fortyozguzzler

Just recently traded for a 2001 Santa Fe and had realized that the car had an alignment problem. When I took it into the alignment/frame repair shop, they told me that the car frame had been professionally repaired. The alignment guy said that the mechanic did a really good job welding the frame. I can't help but to wonder what are the future repercussions with a frame repaired vehicle? I would like to know what safety problems this may pose since this is the 'family vehicle'.
(The dealer did not disclose the fact that the frame had been repaired).

dangacat

well once it has been smashed it's never the same as it was the day it left the factory. i just recently took my car off the road after i discovered some well hidden accident damage. i got the car off my nana and she had put 300,000kms on it without any problems but i just didn't trust it.
i would take the car back and try to get your money back. contact any consumer rights organisations you have in your area and find out where you stand.
it's just not worth risking the lives of your family dude

Michael S

Rookie
when factory built many pannels[inc frame] are spot welded...when i weld pannels on i seam weld which is a lot stronger than factory...if yours had been done this way it will outlast any factory welds,...

Michael S

Rookie
when factory built many pannels[inc frame] are spot welded...when i weld pannels on i seam weld which is a lot stronger than factory...if yours had been done this way it will outlast any factory welds,...

quwen61

My husband is a body tech for a living, and as long as who ever repaired it welded correctly on the crush points.. (where the car "acordians" crushes when you get in a accedent) You should be fine, you can take it to a body shop and they have a machine that mesures the thickness in the crush points are correct... quwen61 on yahoo messanger if you would like to talk futher about this! and technicly you can sue for them not stating that the car has had work done, if you bought it new