We're drifting apart... always arguing. What should I do about it?

Vanilla..<3

Me and my guy friend.. we've been really good friends for years. We never EVER used to argue about anything and we spent a lot of time together. We liked the same things and could talk for hours.. I became really attached to him.. fell in love you could say, but I knew he never felt the same.
But now things are different. We're drifting apart and we like different things so it's much harder to talk. We're also always arguing over tiny stupid things that build up and erupt into this huge argument. I've told him this really hurts and annoys me but he says I'm overreacting. I don't feel like he understands me anymore. He's very cold when I try and tell him about how I feel and always points the blame at me.
He won't listen. He doesn't seem to care- which sucks cause I still love him so much it hurts me so bad.
He says he still wants us to be friends but I don't know what to do.
Should I just stop talking to him altogether? How can we work this out? Thanks...

mitch-chan

Well, you guys can give each other time out - and give it another shot at resolving your differences. But if you guys cant work out a solution or find yourself jumping at each others' throat. Then maybe, this relationship has pretty much fizzled out... As much as this may hurt you too, it's time for you guys to move on and best of luck to both of you.