Why would anybody buy a new Ford Shelby GT500?

coolkid22

Even though it has history and it is the cheapest car with 500bhp, it is the worst form of Mustang. What Shelby did was they took the standard Ford Mustang GT and took the engine out and put the engine from a Ford GT, which is all great. But the one thing that is a big turn off from the car is that they took the suspension and the brakes from the classic GT500 and put it into the new one, which is technically the worst decision in car history. i mean Ford is like "okay, we'll build a new GT500 with a great engine so we can fix the mistakes the classic made but we'll put the same suspension so it'll make the same mistakes." its rubbish. and when Ford was asked why they put the old suspension, they said it would add 10,000 dollars to the final price of the car. its such an idiotic move by Ford/Shelby. If I was gonna spend 50,000 dollars on a car, i would definitely spend an extra 10,000 on the suspension. so in conclusion, consumers step away from the GT500 and go for the standard Mustang GT or go with the classic one instead. But if you really want a new tuned mustang, i would go for the Roushe Mustang which has modern suspension and modern brakes. and the Roushe is about 60 grand which is BMW M3 money.
to DAD: not quite. its pointless to make an upgrade to a car if your gonna leave it the sameway as it was. its like Microsoft making Windows Vista with the same security problems as Windows XP....its just not right.

to YMCPA: not quite as well, it wasn't Jeremy Clarkson who said it, it was Richard Hammond as well. so what are you gonna do?
I got it from research and a show called Top Gear. and no i am not a racer, im just a student driving a Mitsubishi Eclipse

Fugitive Outlaw

Maybe so he can join a Mustang Car Club ?? Had you been to a Mustang Car Show ?? There are Mustang Car Clubs across the USA, and you can't be a member if you don't own a Ford Mustang.

Fugitive Outlaw

Maybe so he can join a Mustang Car Club ?? Had you been to a Mustang Car Show ?? There are Mustang Car Clubs across the USA, and you can't be a member if you don't own a Ford Mustang.