Before the Lambda, there was the GMT360. Created in 2002, the rear drive based platform underpins numerous former General Motors SUVs all of which were replaced or axed. Even though the last example rolled off the assembly line in 2009, plenty of models still roam around America and now, some are being recalled. If originally sold or currently residing in what is called the “Salt Belt”, certain GMT360 SUVs could be overly susceptible to corrosion. If fluid makes its way into the driver’s door, the module circuit board could short out. If this occurs, the power door locks and windows would work freely if at all as well as overheat to the point that a fire would erupt.
According to the NHTSA, all GMT360 models are at risk including the Buick Rainier, GMC Envoy, Chevrolet Trailblazer, Oldsmobile Bravada, Isuzu Ascender and Saab 9-7X. So far, approximately 249,360 SUVs are affected all of which are either 2006 or 2007 model years. Perhaps due to faulty weather-stripping, GM is still however looking for a definite remedy. Once finalized, owners will be notified but until then, anyone suspecting a problem can contact their local dealerships. As of now, only models sold in or living in Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia are being recalled.
Related Topic Tags
- Buick Rainier, Chevrolet Trailblazer, General, General Motors, GMC Envoy, GMT360, Isuzu Ascender, Midsize, nhtsa, Oldsmobile Bravada, recall, Saab 9-7X, SUV
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World