Volkswagen has spent a lot of time the last few weeks talking about its new seventh generation Golf. We have seen four-doors and two-doors, we have seen variations of the next GTI, but what about the oil-burning side of the Golf family? Meet the Golf BlueMotion Concept. Volkswagen says that this diesel equipped slab of sexy will return an astronomical 73.5 MPG.
The car comes equipped with a 1.6-liter four-cylinder diesel engine mated to a five-speed manual. The engine pumps out 108 horsepower and the gearbox features extra-long ratios. There is no automatic option available. (YAY!) The car also features ultra-low-rolling resistance tires and start/stop technology to help eek out every last bit of fuel economy.
Of course, you may be wondering why we mentioned transmission availability on a concept, and it simply because this isn’t really a concept. It is names as so, but VW has already said this will see production in Europe next summer. Of course the chance that this Golf variant will make it to our shores is about as slim your author finding out he is related to royal family (hint: I’m not.), so we will just have to be content with looking through this gallery of high-resolution shots that Volkswagen has provided.
Related Topic Tags
- Blue Motion Concept, BlueMotion, clean diesel, Golf MK7, MKVII, Paris Motor Show, tdi, Volskwagen, vw
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World