Lexus debuted its LF-LC Concept in Detroit earlier this year, and now they have created the second iteration of the sleek coupe. The new car has been unveiled in Australia and is called the LF-LC Blue. The name was chosen for the new concepts Opal Blue color, and Australia was chosen as the opal stone is found in the Outback. Wasn’t that clever.
Aside form the new color, Lexus has also given the world some details on the two-door. The car will use the Advanced Lexus Hybrid Drive system which uses an Atkinson-cycle gasoline engine, much the same as the base Toyota/Lexus hybrid system. The electric side of the hybrid system is powered by an “advanced high energy battery pack” and an electric motor. Lexus hasn’t disclosed the power split, but claims that total output is 500 horsepower.
If you happen to find yourself Down Under between now and October 28th, you can swing by the Australian International Motor Show to check out this blue beast for yourself. If you can’t make it all the way to the Outback, check out our high-resolution gallery below. It has the new Blue model as well as the original in red.
Related Topic Tags
- 2012, Australian Motor Show, Hybrid Sports Coupe, Lexus, Lexus LF-LC, Lexus Lf-LC Blue COncept, LF-LC
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- Dk 9000 rust module
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal