One of the rarest and most unexampled offerings from Mercedes-Benz will soon be recalled. Simply refered to as the G-Class, the Geländewagen may injury its occupants unnecessarily in the event of frontal air bag deployment. The problem stems from the SUV’s interior front molding strip which could break in the event of an accident. If this occurs, the airbag could hurl the molding toward vehicle occupants.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Mercedes-Benz will remedy the issue by reinforcing the connection between the strip and the air bag cover flap. The fix will be performed at certified dealerships and at no cost to owners. Affected vehicles certain 2011 model year G550 and G55 AMG SUVs manufactured from September 20, 2010 through April 27, 2011. So far, just 189 Geländewagens are at risk. The recall is expected to take place during September of this year.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World