Soon enough, certain Mercedes-Benz ML SUVs will be recalled. The problem lies within the vehicle’s floor mats which can cause a much more serious issue. The shape of a few all-season mats may not conform to floor pan layout and thus, become lodged with the throttle pedal. If this occurs, the accelerator may become trapped to make deceleration rather difficult. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has issued some advice to owners however: use the brakes.
So far, approximately 8,675 vehicles are at risk. The Mercs being recalled are 2012 and 2013 model year ML350, ML550 and ML63 AMGs fitted with accessory all-season floor mats. Notifications and remedies are expected to take place in September but until then, Mercedes-Benz is recommending owners remove their mats. To fix the problem, certified dealers will replace the piece with an all-new unit and do so free of charge.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World