Despite a model line list that can’t be counted without taking off your shoes, Mercedes-Benz has announced that it will be given birth one more time. On its way and based on the subcompact A-Class is an all-new crossover that is slated to fall under the GLK as the automaker’s new gateway SUV. With the next generation of the little Merc on the way, the Rastatt, Germany assembly plant will have one more vehicle to pump out as the new utility will share a room with its five door sibling.
According to Car and Driver Magazine, the SUV should debut next year as a 2014 model year vehicle. While the name has yet to be confirmed, it will make its way to the U.S. and one can only hope that a compact diesel engine will be available. Given the A-Class is front drive, the crossover will undoubtedly follow suit and more than likely, an all wheel drive version will be offered.
Source: Car and Driver
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World