Mini has made a reputation out of creating odd and unique show cars, and they are at it again with the seaworthy Mini Convertible boat. Rather than a rickety shamble of metal and welds like the Mini Yacthsman, the new floating Mini carries an appearance identical to a standard Mini Convertible.
The car was created as part of Mini’s new “Motor-Tober Not Normal Sales Event”. ”We challenged our regional staff and the dealers in their respective areas to identify ‘Not Normal’ ways to celebrate this Motor-Tober by engaging the MINI community and demonstrate why it’s an exciting brand family to be part of,” said Tom Salkowsky, Mini USA Marketing Manager.
The boat/car was officially launched last weekend at the Head of the Charles Regatta. The Mini gets the distinct honor of being the only vehicle on the water that isn’t a rowing boat. The Mini is propelled through the water by a 6 horsepower outboard motor, and was driven by a member of the HOCR River Control Committee to monitor the safety of the rowers.
“We are pleased and excited to support MINI in this creative activation strategy and look forward working with them this weekend. We have never before allowed a company to float a car on the Charles during racing,” said Fred Schoch, executive director of the event.
Not normal indeed, Mini.
Related Topic Tags
- Cooper, Head of the Charles Regatta, Mini, Mini Convertible, Mini COnvertible Boat, Motor-tober, MotorTober, Not Normal sales, Pace Car, Rwoing race, Yachtsman
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World