A select group of select Mitsubishi cars will soon be recalled for issues regarding their air bags. The all-electric i-MiEV - otherwise known simply as the i - may be all-new and fairly exclusive, but it isn’t immune to the NHTSA. Because of an incompatibility between the car’s self diagnostic system and its air bags, both the front and side safety devices could be thrown to waste. With the broken connection leading to air bag failure, not only would the i’s SRS light illuminate but in the event of a crash, its air bags would simply not deploy.
So far, the recall is only affecting 261 2012 model year Mitsubishi EVs. If built between November 4 and December 22, 2011, the i-MiEV could be at risk. In order to fix the problem, certified dealerships will air bag sensor that is deemed incompatible with an all-new unit. The repair will take place at no extra cost to owners who should be notified soon.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World