Usain Bolt is the world’s fastest man and a multi-time gold medal champion. The Nissan GT-R is well regarded as one of the fastest cars in the world, and now the two have teamed.
Nissan has started by naming Bolt their “Director of Excitement” and are going to be auctioning off a gold GT-R. This one-off supercar has been signed by Bolt himself, and all proceeds from the sale benefit the Usain Bolt Foundation.
This gold GT-R is only the first in a line of limited-run special edition GT-Rs that Bolt is helping to design. There are no details on what these special edition cars will be, but Nissan has promised that more information will be available later.
For his involvement in the program Bolt had this to say, ”Racing is my inspiration, and I want to help Nissan become an even more exciting brand for everyone.” Toshiyuki Shiga, Chief Operating Officer is excited about Bolt’s involvement and added that, ”Nissan shares the spirit of excitement that captivated worldwide audiences at the Olympics. There is no-one better qualified than Usain Bolt to help us translate that spirit into great experiences.”
Check out the video below to see the gold GT-R in the flesh and watch as Bolt signs the hood. make sure to keep your eyes on AutoTalk and we will have all the details on the upcoming GT-R special editions as soon as can.
Related Topic Tags
- Charity Auction, Gold GTR, Gold MEdal, gt-r, Nissan, Olympics, Special Edition, Usain Bolt, World's fastest
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World