Avoiding the cops in Portugal should be even more difficult given that Nissan has sent the Portuguese Police Department eight fully electric and fully silent LEAF vehicles. Secured by the Polícia de Segurança Pública (PSP), the EVs will be used to patrol larger, urban areas of the country. Each car will mostly be adopted by the Safe School Program but at any given moment, they can be called upon for all types of police duty.
Portugal and the electric vehicle are far from enemies as the nation was both one of the first to install a charging network and to sell the zero emissions LEAF. To add to the list of “firsts” the recent adoption by the PSP is the first used of the Nissan by a police force. ”We want to continue contributing to the reduction in pollution in large urban centers and the introduction of the 100-percent electric Nissan LEAF sets a new benchmark for our fleet,” said Superintendent Paul Gomes Valente, National Director of PSP.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World