In Japan, the light duty, commercial truck business is growing and in order to stay afloat, two heavy-hitting companies are looking to join forces. With a basic agreement recently decided upon by Nissan Motor Company and Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation, the two will soon enough begin trading their products. Listed as a reciprocal original equipment manufacture (OEM) supply venture, the joining should strengthen both companies hold on Japan’s light duty truck market by, according to Nissan, “leveraging their collective knowledge and expertise.”
By supplying each other with products, both Nissan and Mitsubishi Fuso look to lower development and production costs while increasing efficiency and productivity. Both companies are looking to grow in the commercial vehicle market and do so significantly by mid decade. In order to accomplish this, the Nissan Atlas F24 will be supplied to Mitsubishi Fuso while the Fuso Canter will be given to Nissan. Specifics regarding trade timing and volume will be determined later in the future.
Related Topic Tags
- Agreement, Atlas, Canter, commercial vehicle, japan, joint venture, Mitsubishi, mitsubishi fuso, Nissan, Trade
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World