For the past 100 days, Nissan campaigned to “turn on” as many people as possible to the benefits of electric vehicles. By using online “influencers”, the automaker spread the word about not only their own LEAF, but the whole EV market as a whole. In the end, each country’s best influencer received a Nissan EV and the most “turned on” city will be given 30 DC quick chargers for grid usage. Taking the crown of the 2012 Big Turn On Campaign was the Dutch town of Linschoten.
By taking the victory, the people of Linschoten issued the most pledges of support for electric driving. Through the use of social media, Nissan’s Big Turn On website set off to gather at least one million positive pledges within the 100 days. That goal was surpassed with 16 days still left on the campaign which showed to Nissan the tremendous acceptance of the EV worldwide. For being the most turned on city, Linschoten will receive the brand’s very own CHAdeMO quick chargers that can bring a LEAF from dead to 80 percent full in about 30 minutes.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World