Porsche RS Spyder laps Bathurst
Previously a dominant force in endurance races in North America during the 2006 and 2007 seasons, the iconic yellow and red Porsche RS Spyder undertook a new challenge this October: Mount Panorama, Bathurst. This 2006 American Le Mans Series LMP2-winning Porsche, the first ever RS Spyder in competition, completed demonstration laps at the world famous Bathurst track driven by Dutch sports car ace – and 2008 Le Mans class-winner in an RS Spyder – Jeroen Bleekemolen. Best known for its success in the American Le Mans Series against its more powerful LMP1 rivals, the development of the 480 hp (353 kW) RS Spyder prototype was the first new project built by Porsche exclusively for racing since its successful 1998 24 Hours of Le Mans campaign with the Porsche 911 GT1.
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- Dk 9000 rust module
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal