Tomorrow evening (no official time announced yet) the space shuttle Endeavor will be towed over the 405 freeway near the LAX airport by a Toyota Tundra. The Tundra will be pulling the shuttle over the Manchester Boulevard Bridge. Apparently the Tundra is being used for this small portion of the journey because of weight distribution concerns.
Toyota has been kind enough to provide us an illustration of the size comparison of the shuttle and truck together in tow formation.
The 122-foot long craft will have a maximum payload weight of 292,500 pounds. That is a lot of weight for a little truck. We wish the Tundra and the Endeavor the best of luck. We would also like to suggest a thorough transmission service after the trip. Just saying.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- Dk 9000 rust module
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal