For the fifth year in a row, Subaru will share its love to a variety of honorable charities from around the nation. For the 2012 running of the event, the automaker’s facebook fans will play a major role in the decision-making. With three organizations already picked, the public will be given the chance to vote for the next two. Once finalized, Subaru will donate $250 for each new vehicle they sell or lease between November 2, 2012 and January 2, 2013.
Starting August 6, Subaru facebook fans will be asked to vote for their favorite charities from a list picked out by the automaker. The two with the most votes by August 26 will join the ASPCA, Make-A-Wish and Meals on Wheels foundations to become the five “Share The Love” participants. This year’s edition is expected to gather up to $5 million in donations to add to the nearly $20 million already produced since the event’s start. The charities to be voted on are listed below:
- Alzheimer’s Association®: The Alzheimer’s Association works to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research and to provide and enhance care and support for all affected.
- American Forests: American Forests protects and restores forests, which create habitat for wildlife, clean our air and water and preserve the health of our planet for the benefit of all.
- First Book: First Book provides new, high-quality books to kids in need, helping them to succeed in school and in life.
- Leave No Trace: Leave No Trace educates Americans of all ages how to enjoy the outdoors responsibly to ensure the long-term health of our parks, trails and waterways.
- Special Olympics: Special Olympics provides year-round sports training and athletic competition for people with intellectual disabilities, unleashing the human spirit through the transformative power and joy of sport everyday around the world.
- USO: The USO is a private, nonprofit organization that provides critical support to forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors and their families and the families of the fallen.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- Dk 9000 rust module
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal