Soon enough, the all-new Infiniti JX SUV will be voluntarily recalled. The reasoning stems from a problem with the vehicle’s fuel system that could leave people stranded. During assembly, the fuel transfer tube may have been mis-routed inside of the fuel tank. Because of the mishap, the level floater might not be given the ability to drop along with the fuel as it is consumed. In turn, the dashboard gauge will read a false level that is higher than the actual amount and thus, drivers may enter the situation of unknowingly running out of gas.
So far, approximately 7,842 SUVs are being recalled. The affected Infinitis are all 2013 model year JX35s manufactured from February 15 through June 22, 2012. In order to fix the issue, certified dealers will inspect and re-route fuel transfer tube as well as install an all-new 0-ring. The remedy will take place at no extra cost to owners who should be notified starting September 4.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World