The Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) recently held their annual Truck Rodeo at the Knibbe Ranch in Spring Branch, Texas. Spread across two days, the industry’s leading trucks and SUVs are gathered together to be tested on a variety of terrains. Once the dust settles and while the mud is still dripping from the wheel wells, votes are cast and counted to reveal category winners. Taking one of the most prestigious awards for the second year in a row is the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, otherwise known as the “SUV of Texas.”
“Jeep Grand Cherokee has once again demonstrated its superior levels of performance, quality, interior craftsmanship, and reliability that make it an award-winning SUV,” said Mike Herzing, TAWA President. The Grand Cherokee was examined by 57 journalists and went up against a number of its competitors both on and off road. Things such as overall utility, fuel economy and value were looked upon when determining the winners. A combination of cushy ride quality via Quadra-Lift air suspension, unstoppable Quadra-drive four wheel drive and high-output V6 and V8 engines added up to one more award for the Grand Cherokee to put under its belt.
“Winning this award last year started a string of Grand Cherokee accolades that made it the most-awarded SUV of all-time. More importantly, we know that these TAWA awards translate directly into sales. Through September of this year, Grand Cherokee sales are up 78 percent in the U.S. In the same time period in Texas, sales are up nearly 200 percent,” said Mike Manley, President and CEO of Jeep.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- Pioneer Challenges Premier Dealers to Build the Best Sound Quality Demo Car
- Do You Need a Car Camera
- 2007 Navigator DVD to Navigation screen??
- Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS-Review Components
- Planning to sale my old car in Cyprus!
- Can you buy concept cars ?
- What is a good drift car?
- How To Do Wheelies
- Car Audio Electronics
- 2005 jeep,blows 50 amp cooling fan fuse
- What is the best GPS to buy for my car, under $200?
- How to keep a garage dry?
- What is Thrust ball bearings ?
- Buying a Used Car tips
- Why you need liability insurance