The compact Nissan Versa is being looked into by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for issues regarding the car’s air bags. After receiving word from Nissan that some sedans were found with assembly cables jammed between steering columns. If these cables are damaged or shorted, they will cause the air bag to fail. In the event of an accident, deployment will not take place which is why Nissan and NHTSA are working hard to figure out why.
All affected vehicles are 2012 model year Versas. So far, approximately 100,000 U.S. offerings are being investigated. Both Nissan and the NHTSA have made mention that there have been no complaints or reports regarding the air bag problem. While it hasn’t happened yet, this preliminary exploration could lead to a full-blown recall.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World