The Toyota Prius has sold in mass quantities in California for years, but now thanks to the expanded family of Prius vehicles, the Prius has taken the sales crown.
If you add the sales of all Prius variants, the Liftback, Plug-in, C and V, the total sales is 46,380 cars for the first three-quarters of 2012. That means that California has bought 25-percent of all Prius models sold this year. These numbers come from the California New Car Dealers Association and have been reported by Bloomberg. That means that California has bought 25-percent of all Prius models sold this year.
The Prius is already the best-selling car in Japan, with 260,947 units sold, and is pulling a solid third-place worldwide. With gas prices rising faster and faster, it looks like California may not be the last state that the Prius badge conquers. Bloomberg claims the Prius is currently seventh across the nation.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World