We let everyone know that Toyota was going to be using a Tundra to tow the Space Shuttle Endeavor across the 405 in Los Angeles, and now we are proud to introduce you to some video of the deed.
The one minute video shows the bone-stock Tundra CrewMax 4×4 hook up to the special tow dolly and slowly pull away, all to raucous cheers of “USA, USA” from the crowd.
To recap, the Tundra was being used to tow the shuttle because the Manchester Boulevard Bridge was unable to handle the total weight of the shuttle and the conventional tow vehicle. Click the play button below to see Toyota absolutely ignore their own maximum tow ratings.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- Dk 9000 rust module
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal