Volvo Car Corporation will soon issue a voluntary recall on a very select group of vehicles. The affected models are the new XC60 and S60 variants which could have a problem with their air bags. Because of a manufacturing error, the control unit for the front Supplement Restraint System has been deemed defective. If left unattended, the front curtain air bags could inadvertently deploy while the seat belt pretensioner would also fail.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Volvo is only concerned with 2013 model year vehicles. So far, the XC60 and S60 are so new that just nine vehicles are at risk. In fact, none of the Volvos have actually been sold and the automaker is scrambling to fix the problem before the affected cars land in the hands of the public. Hopefully, the recall will stop at just those nine.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World