Volkswagen has made no secret that it wants to become the number automaker world-wide, and it has gained one more notch in its belt along that path. Recent numbers reveal that VW has increased sales for the third quarter by 21-percent raking in 704,991 moved units. That number beats out the previous champion of China General Motors, and its 664,765 sales.
This is the first time in eight years that GM has been outsold in the People’s Republic. GM does still hold a slight edge on yearly sales numbers, but VW is closing that gap fast and taking one more step in its plan for world domination.
Related Topic Tags
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal
- Coming out of Asia and Conquering the World