The great state of Texas has created the SH-130 toll road. This new toll road has a speed limit of 85 MPH making it the fastest road in the Nation. The new toll road does tool-by-plate so no booths are needed. The camera just snaps a photo and send you a bill. The Texas DOT decided that they wanted to test out their new cameras, and Texas-based tuner Hennessey was more than happy to help.
What transpires in the video below is utter magic. A 1,200 horsepower Cadillac CTS-V Coupe (Hennessey calls it the VR1200) goes blasting down the Texas toll-road and blows past the camera at over 180 mph. The camera in turn snaps a perfect photo of the plate. Of course with an open road and free rein in a 1,200 horsepower monster, the driver kept his foot planted well past the cameras and ended up making it to 220 mph. All in all we would call that a good day.
For those who do make speeding a common activity, they can be rest assured that the cameras in question do not monitor or issue citations for speed, just toll jumpers.
Click play below to see all the high-speed Cadillac action.
Related Topic Tags
- 85 mph, cadillac cts-v coupe, Cadillac CTSV, fastest road, general motors, Hennessey Performance, SH-130, texas, toll road, VR1200
Discuss this and other Auto news in our Car Forums
- Dk 9000 rust module
- New Rebate for all cars
- 2008 Nissan Armada - Shaking & Tire Wear
- Marks Start Of Acura CSX
- how fast is acura tsx 2008 in 0-60?
- Acura RSX - Integra Again
- $100 back when you test drive and buy
- problems w/ blower
- Ford Parts
- How can I get a hold of potential buyers for my car via the internet?
- Cheap Limo Orange County
- i want to buy a car. what should i get for my first?
- Ford's new Mondeo
- 2014 Buick Regal