1994 isuzu trooper is idling erraticly?

Sean C

When i first start it it idles for 5 minutes or so at 2000 rpm before settling then when driving it idles at 2000 or a little higher between shifting gears (manual) and fluctuates at red lights(etc) between 1500 and 2500 every 3 seconds or so. I know i have a bad connection somewhere either on the positive battery terminal cable or the main wiring harness. I have to jiggle it to get it started. i realized this the other day when i went to start it and it clicked like the battery was completely dead. It is a 3.2 liter v6 fuel injected 4x4 LS. I can tell that it has had electrical problems in the past because it has a lot of new wiring under the hood especially to the starting and ignition systems.

bluelight

This sounds like you may have 2 separate problems that are not related. As 4 the erratic idling check your vacuum retard pipe which is found between the carburettor and air filter box.When you say you have 2 jiggle it I assume you mean the ignition key. This may be due to a worn barrel and not an electrical problem