Can I use a Daewoo Matiz locking petrol cap?

pamskella

I have a 2001 Daewoo matiz & me being me, I lost the petrol cap. I used to have a non-locking cap, but on a website I found a locking cap. If possible, I'd like to get one of them so I can attach the keys to my car keys and therefore can't drive off without the cap!! Does anyone know if I can use it?
I'd really appreciate it if you could provide a reference with your answer just so I don't do something stupid!
Re: Neil
I just recently bought my car & there was no strap on it when I bought it, and no mention of it being lost. However, I can't guarantee the person before me didn't break it. I've looked on websites for petrol caps & they all seem to come without a strap...??

Neil

Rookie
The fuel cap on the Matiz is tied to the body by a tough strap, so that it is impossible to lose. In order to lose it, you must have first broken the strap.
You should be able to buy a replacement cap and strap from any Chevrolet Europe dealer. All you have to do then is not break the new strap.

Most petrol caps are a standard size so get it bought it cant be much more than £5 on Ebay.

As far as doing something stupid is concerned, I think you've already done that twice.