car leasing question suzuki?

We have been leasing a 2004 stratus....our lease is up in may and we over our miles so we have a place willing to finance us to buy it...we were approved up to 24.000 dollars threw the suzuki dealer. my question is I 'm wondering if they would take our car that we owe $5000 on and let us lease a new suzuki from them. what do you think
we are way over our milage on this car due to driving situations where we used to live

JimmyHelu

Rookie
Regardless of what financial tool you use, if you owe money on it, there will be no situation where the dealer will assume those costs for you. They might roll costs into your new lease or loan, or be happy to charge you a higher price for the car. I wouldnt go through the hassle of buying the car (and paying sales tax) just to hand it back over to a new dealer to get short changed on a trade in (and still prob owe money on after trade in). If you didnt go WAY over your mileage, I would pay the mileage penalty and start fresh on a new lease/loan instead of increasing your debt and overall payments in the long run. Lastly, if you do another lease,