car not starting

andyc77

Rookie
I have a 2004 daewoo lacetti. I went to start it up today but although it was turning over it would not start. I have tried two boosters as i fort it was the battery but still not working. But i noticed that the lights on the dashboard, ie oil, engine, seatbelt... but not the battery light, are all illuminated even when i remove the ignition key, although only 50% brightness and remain on constantly. Presumably it is an electrical fault, but i have noticed recently that the car windows have been fully condensated at all times of the day. Any ideas would be appreciated so i dont get ripped off at the garage

-Ice-

geez... similar situation happened to me before... and I can't figure it out that time... and i have no choice but to get it into a mechanic. And it came out to be a battery and electrical fault... :(

andyc77

Rookie
yeah its a very strange one. tried two battery boosters but none worked, then in the morning it worked fine.........
Then when i took it to local garage they had no idea, called out auto electrician who told me to take it to daewoo garage.
This next part is unbelievable.........it would not start again so garage reset fault so it would start and it would not turn off, ie it was still running without the key.
Apparently it is electrics/dashboard/immobiliser. How much did it cost to sort it out and you having any similar problems since

-Ice-

Oh crap... That was really strange on your part... I didn't get to be on that worst situation like yours wherein it didn't start and all that...

Mine is when I get into a mechanic... he said it was some kind of electrical fault and my battery gets really busted...

It cost me less than a $100 on that... because the mechanic is my friend... :)

yamman

Rookie
Presumably it is an electrical fault, but i have noticed recently that the car windows have been fully condensated at all times of the day

maxjlone

The engine will start is not starting because of something else besides your brakes. the pedal is stiff because there is no vacuum assist to the brake booster because the engine is not running. this is normal and will go away when the engine starts. try this, if the engine cranks but doesn't start, hold the gas pedal down while trying to start it. let it crank about 5 seconds each time for about 5 times.