Car will not start - Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 1999?

Anthony M

Rookie
Its been freezing...and this morning my car would not start. The engine sounded like it was about to turn over but never would...Is this the battery or somthing else?

fishslayer

Battery...try jump starting it, but it is normal to replace your battery every few years and you normally find it is time in the winter time....Good luck!

skunk

It sure sounds like the battery.
When it is freezing the oil gets real thick you need a real good battery to turn over the engine.

J

jupyter_flew

It is probably the battery. You can take it to a place like Auto Zone and they will test it free of charge...just take the battery out of the Jeep since it won't start.

james s

Rookie
i had the same problem, I purchased a Duralast battery and it ran good as new. you are supposed to replace your battery ever 5 years or so, you may be well overdue

Halcyon

O.K. it cranks. If the motor is turning like normal but not firing then you have a spark or a fuel issue.

If it is turning over slower than normal try a jump start and then if you have the original battery, get a new one. if your battery is new drive around for at least a half hour or so, if the problem persists then you should talk to who ever you bought the battery from and have it checked for holding a charge.

If your gas tank is empty it could be vapor lock from the cold. Try adding a can of dry gas (get it at an auto parts store, its cheap)

Other issues will need a mechanic since your question presupposes that you are not particularly mechanical.

Good news is that any of the possible problems should be pretty cheap i.e., no more than $100.00 at any decent shop.

Good luck

TeCh N9ne

its the battery! because its so called the acids inside the battery get cold so they wont produce eny energy! therefore some people usually or most people tend to turn on their car and leave it on for a little before you drive it! that way your car can get warm and you will be much safer on the road! always turn on your car and leave it on on cold days!

salman

Your car is not working because you see in winter it gets kind of rough and its hard to drive i wnet to the mechanic he changed the wheels he took a look at the engine. Sometimes the engine runs out. You may need to look at your engine and your wheels always remember to change your wheels to your winter wheels. Just to be safe i think you need to take the bus or the train or just walk.

tajmahal

policymantra

Its been freezing...and this morning my car would not start. The engine sounded like it was about to turn over but never would...Is this the battery or somthing else?