Check engine light came on Daewoo Lanos2000-no other problems-no access to...

Kyl b

...computer codes(in Jamaica)!Help!? I live in Jamaica and so fancy computer based diagnostics or code checks are unavailable. This is old fashion trial and error. What can I do to fix this? The light came on after a semi-mechanic came to fix my car horn and clean A/C vents. He added water to the battery. Then light went on during a short trip down the road...on a small patch of bumpy road it went off but returned approximately 1 minute later. Ironically I had just commented an how good the car has been running lately...can anyone make suggestions please! Car makes no unusual sounds runs good still etc..Help!

tommmytee

Loose light bulb or other connection. Try cleaning and tightening the battery cables. He may have knocked one loose. The system will warn you if the cables are loose.

beckykinney1

Did he at any time disconnect the battery terminals? If so, you might need to reset your computer in the car. You would have to go to the Daewoo website and ask how to do that. Also, if you had recently put gas in your car, is the gas cap tight? Some cars need the backpressure that forms in the gas tank to tell the computer it's running correctly. I don't have a Daewoo, but my daughter's car was doing the same thing and she had a loose gas cap. When tightened, it stopped the "check engine" light from coming on.