Customizable OSEMO vehicle controller

RaMansell

Rookie
I've worked on developing an Arduino compatible, vehicle controller for the past two years and will be launching it on Kickstarter next week. I was hoping for some feedback from the guys here as to how I could continue improving it. It is called OSEMO (Open Source Equipment Management & Operation) and I have a build thread on the Local Motors website.

OSEMO allows you to control anything electrical (headlights, EFI, cooling fans, power windows, etc.) on your vehicle anyway you want (switches, Bluetooth, Wifi, conditional statements, etc.). The hardware and software are open source so the software will always be free and you just need a USB cable to change the programming with your computer.

I would like to know more of what you would want to control on your vehicle if you could make it do whatever you wanted. That will help with OSEMO's continued design.

RaMansell

Rookie
Today I hooked my OSEMO module up to my 2000 Honda Odyssey and was controlling my power windows via bluetooth on my tablet. :) Tomorrow I'm planning on installing one in my friend's 1972 Mach 1.

RaMansell

Rookie
Had the privilege of installing an OSEMO Module in a beautiful 1972 Mach1 Mustang today. It is controlling the sequential sequence of the taillights. Cannot wait until the next project. :)