Datsun 240z. Is it worth it?

El Ditchero

I'm thinking of purchasing a 1971 Datsun 240z for 10g. Main selling points are: Has a 2.4 liter engine, rebuilt engine, new paint, new windshield, new interior, new rear brakes &struts, high performance clutch, headers, turbo exhaust, electronic ignition, high performance cam, oversized pistons and radiator, external cooling fan, chrome dipped wheels, fully adjustable front end.

Is it worth it?

Oh yea, I also can't seem to find what kind of gas mileage the '71 240z gets. anyone know?
Making this car my daily driver.

Ian F

Rookie
I'm not sure about the 240, but I was getting like 17-22 mpg in my 280. Regardless, depending how it's modded, I'm guessing the only person who could tell you what it's getting now would be the seller.

Anyhow, all that is well and good, but RUST RUST RUST.

Particularly on a 240 (where you don't have a finicky fuel injection system to worry about) the rust situation matters more than anything else. The less of it, the better.

And don't forget to look....EVERYWHERE. Places like the firewall and that space under the vent panel in front of the windshield. ....actually, everywhere. Every part of the car that could ever have moisture touch it.